You may already know Max Venom as the manufacturer of the smallest, lightest weight Karambit style knife available. Now, you will know Max Venom for one of the largest custom production Karambits available on the market today.
Max Venom is proud to introduce the Tac-TOPS Karambit! Manufactured by TOPS Knives, U.S.A.!
If you know anything about the Max Venom Product Group, you know that Max Venom designs and produces, Purpose Built Fighting Knives. The focus of all Max Venom design craft is based around the specific requirements of a very specific end user. Our goal has always been to leave nothing on the table, to meet or surpass the end user demands on every level.
When Combatives Developer and Edged Weapons Designer C. Despins was approached a member of a Highly Elite Unit, who lamented the feasibility of utilizing a Karambit style knife in a REAL theater of combat, Despins took note, in fact, he took several pages.
This Operators unit was tasked with packing light and moving fast. Operating conditions ranged from sweltering heat to the freezing cold. Environments from hot and wet to cold and wet. It was also noted that the Operator wore gloves of every variety. Retention was a KEY factor, and if it could, serve both a combat knife and a field knife, this would be most ideal. Oh, and one more thing… “could you make it look, classy?”
It seemed a tall order to fill, but Despins was undaunted. It was obvious that the perimeters of the design would take the Max Venom Product Group into uncharted territory. The Tac-Ops Karambit looked good on paper, then as an AutoCAD design, but in the hand it was evident that that Max Venom had developed a truly live blade Karambit of unparalleled proportions!
Tac-TOPS Karambit Key design features
- The Tac-TOPS Karambit can be readily gripped on the draw, forward or reverse, with or without indexing a finger into the finger loop.
- The oversized finger loop of the Tac-TOPS allows for the operator to utilize the Tac-ops with even heavily gloved hands.
- The finger loop features a devastating prominent skull crushing pommel.
- Handle Material Black Canvas Micarta
- The overall size and weight of the Tac-TOPS was designed and developed specifically to make for a rugged work horse AND fighting knife.
- The Tac-TOPS Karambit measures 11.25 OAL, features a 5.75 inch blade, is made from .22 inch thick Steel 1095 RC 56-58, and weighs 10oz. ( quite similar in size, dimensions and weight to the infamous USMC fighting knife). The Tac-TOPS Karambit also includes a durable and versatile Kydex sheath (CLip Beta Loop)
- Blade Length 7.13″
- Secondary Edge 0.81″
- Blade Thickness 0.190″
- Blade Finish Black Traction Coating*** Lead time may vary. Please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery ***
Step up, and join us, in revolutionizing the perimeters of the Combat Karambit, by ordering yours today! The Max Venom Tac-TOPS Karambit is PROUDLY made in the America, by Americans for AMERICANS!