On collaborating with Marcaida
Kuya Doug and I were introduced to one another in 2013. We were brought together by a project that—fortunate for both of us—never came to fruition. First we spent time getting to know one another’s style as martial art practitioners. Then, we discussed what we liked and disliked in knives.
Doug Marcaida is a master practitioner, and I am an edge-and-impact weapons visionary, of sorts. A new vision of knives formed between us.
When not thinking outside the box, I enjoy developing within an envelope that seems to have exacerbated all the possible solutions.
I enjoy challenging questions. Anything from “wouldn’t it be cool if” to “can a Karambit share some to the advantages of a straight blade and still be a Karambit?” These are the conversations that knife-guys have.. Not exactly an episode of Forged in Fire, but many such conversations bear the most delightful fruit.
– C. Despins
Introducing The DMaX
DMaX stands for Doug Marcaida and Max Venom. Thats DM, and MaX.
The DMaX is the byproduct of two practitioners, one vision, and one outcome. All the benefits of the Karambit and of the straight blade, combined into ONE.
Will it kill? You bet it will!
In order better facilitate your martial abilities the DMaX comes to you as a fighter/trainer combo. Look for upcoming seminars at DougMarcaida.com
DMaX: a Doug Marcaida concept, and Max Venom Design
- 6.5 inch OAL, 2.3 inch BL
- 0.18 inch (4.5 mm) thick, S35VN, 2 ounces (55 grams) of pure badassness
- The DMaX is small enough and light enough to carry every day, and BIG enough to fight with.
- Each DMaX Karmabit package INCLUDES a full spec DMax aluminum trainer 40$ value!
- Like any training knife it is ONLY for use under the direct supervision of a qualified professional, so let Kuya Doug Marcaida show you how!
- The DMaX Karabmit and trainer are Proudly 100% Hand Made in the USA, by Americans!
**Please allow 1-2 weeks for orders to be fulfilled**